Are you facing problem Uninstall WordPress From HostGator? We are sharing this article for our blog readers uninstall processes. WordPress is the cost effective development platform due to its open-source nature. But you can get Cheap WordPress Hosting by hostgator. It includes variety of tools and plug-ins to optimize content for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Commonly users want to uninstall it, so they can reinstall it and start clean. Another reason is that, they want to use other site builders such as Magento, Joomla or Drupal. Whether your reason is same or not, let’s go ahead and uninstall it. Get details Uninstall WordPress From HostGator Cpanel in this article.
There are two ways to Uninstall WordPress From HostGator Cpanel:
- Through Fantastico
HostGator utilizes Fantastico DeLuxe installation utility to install and uninstall software packages. It tracks updates and gives a script to automatically uninstall the software. If the software package is installed manually, it would not get tracked. So, when you will want to remove it, you will have to do it manually.
To Uninstall It Manually
1. Login to the cPanel associated with your HostGator account.
2. Find the section named “Files”, it will be on the left side of the dashboard. Under that section you will see “File Manager”, click on it.
3. Now, you will be at the file manager page. On the left side, there will be many folders. Find “public_html” folder among them, click on the plus sign that you will see next to it.
4. Find the domain name which is associated with the WordPress account you wish to delete. It will be a folder, click on it.
5. Before deleting it. On the right side panel, look for the file named “wp-config.php” and select it. Now, go to the edit tab found at the top of the page and click it. A pop-up will show, click on the edit button to continue.
6. When the file opens in the text editor, you will see the codes. There, you will have to search for the database name. It will be in the first line of the code where it starts as:
Remember or copy the text, next to the ‘DB_NAME’ to a notepad. It will be used later in the database deletion step.
7. Close, the text editor and get back to the domain name folder. Click on the “Select All” tab at the top of the page and then click on the “Delete” tab.
8. Come back to the cPanel dashboard page and scroll down to see the section named “DATABASES”. Under it, there will be “MySQL Databases”. Click to open it.
9. After opening it. You will be seeing a list of the databases for all the websites, which are currently being used from your HostGator account. Now remember the database name from step 6, search for it in the list. When you find that database name, click on the “Delete Database” button next to it.
Finally, scroll down to the section “Current Users” and delete the user of that database name.
It’s completed. You have manually uninstalled the WordPress from HostGator. Now let’s see the other method .
To Uninstall It Through Fantastico
- Login to your cPanel as same as before.
- Now, at the dashboard page. Scroll down and look for the section named “Software/Services”. Under that section, click one the “Fantastico De Luxe”.
- After opening, it will show the list of installed programs. Here, look for the WordPress in the left side of the panel and click on it.
- In the right side, it will show the list of your sites with a “Remove” button next to it. Click the remove button next to the site you want to remove. Wait a few minutes for it to work. When its done, you will receive a confirmation message.
You have completed it’s uninstallation through Fantastico.