In every industry a few firms stand out due to their exceptional efficiency and excellence in production or service. In website hosting Hostgator is one such firm. The Houston based company has made a name for itself by providing first-class, fast service when it comes to web hosting. In fact while other companies in the same business take a long time to get you up and running with Hostgator you can have your own website in just 10 minutes if you obey the following steps: To Make a Website By With Hostgator Within 10 minutes.
A) Get a domain name
The first thing you must do when starting your own website is to get a domain name. A domain name is the name you want your website to have. It can be anything e.g. (carsforu.com etc) as long as the name is available because no two sites can have the exact same name. However remember a domain name is not a website, it is just a name that you own. It is like having a bunch of business cards printed without actually owning the business yet. In order to get a domain name you have to pay a yearly fee to a registrar to get the rights to use that name. The best way to do that is to go to www.godaddy.com. This site is the world’s largest registrar of domain names and you can easily get any name you want there if you follow the steps that are given below:
1) Go to the website and enter the domain name you want in the domain name search box. This is located in the middle of the page. Once you hit search Go Daddy will start to look for your choice domain name. If it is available the site will show it to you along with the price. If it is already taken Go Daddy will suggest other similar options that you could buy instead. Remember to check thoroughly .Sometimes your desired domain name is available only in a different extension such as .info, .tv etc.
2) Once you have selected a domain name Go Daddy will see if there are any other extensions with that domain name. If there are the website will try to make you buy them as well, often offering some sort of discount. However you must look at your own financial position before you decide whether to purchase them or not.
3) The next step is to fill in the required information for your domain name. If you already have an account on Go Daddy you can login and use that information. If not you will have to create a new account right now because you cannot get a domain name without one. Also if you are registering for a business be sure to include the firm’s name.
4) The next thing to do is to register for how long you want the domain. You can do this on the Registration and Checkout Options page.
5) Once you are at the Checkout page go through your shopping cart one last time to make sure you know exactly what you are buying. Also don’t forget to read Go Daddy Registration Agreement and Terms of Service. After you make sure everything is ok click on the Checkout Now button. In a few seconds you will have your own domain name.
B) Do a hosting purchase with Hostgator
The next thing you have to do is to purchase a website hosting plan from Hostgator.com. You can do this by following the steps that are given below:
Once you do so the site will show you three plans: Hatchling plan, Baby plan and Business plan.
For those who are just starting a website I would recommend the Hatchling plan as it is perfect for one website. With the Baby plan you can have as many websites as you want while the Business plan is only needed if you want to make a website that can accept credit card payments without a third party interference like Google Checkout.
2) The next step to take is to register your domain name. If you already have a domain name type it in the box on the right. However if you are choosing to buy domain and hosting together from Hostgator write in the left side box.
Then click on the yellow button that says (CONTINUE TO STEP 2)
3) On the last page enter your billing information and don’t forget to make sure that the email address you use is valid since you will receive your entire log in information on it when you are done. When you have filled and checked the entire information click the yellow button at the bottom of the page that says (CREATE ACCOUNT) and in a few moments your account will be ready.
However there is one very important thing that you have to remember. If your hosting is from Hostgator and your domain name is from Go Daddy you will have to change your nameservers .It’s not that hard to do but it is necessary. All you have to do is to get the nameservers that Hostgator provides you in an email when you open an account and replace the ones that you have at Go Daddy with them. You can do this by going into the domain management at Go Daddy and editing the nameservers to the one from the email. It will take 24 to 48 hours for the change to take place. During that time you can get access through the IP address in case you want to transfer files over.
C) WordPress Setup Process
The last thing you have to do is to install WordPress.As you have an account on Hostgator you can install it much more easily through QuickInstall rather than the long manual installation process:
1. Log in through your plans Control Panel
2. Go down to the software services section and click on the icon that says QuickInstall.
3. Go to the Blog Software and then click on WordPress.
4. After that click on the Continue button.
5. Fill out the application URL, if it is needed and then fill in all the rest of the options and categories (the blog title etc)
6. Click Install Now!
7. After WordPress is finished installing, you should see a “Congratulations!” message like the one below with a link to click here highlighted in yellow. Click that link, and it will bring you to your newly installed WordPress site!
If this entire process was done correctly a website should have been produced in 10 minutes.